Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Fancy Exhibition


This glowing tetris set was a present for my birthday. Now it's used to present my results.
G5 is the one in the second row, it has a very nice shape - but it's totally not transparent.

G6 is growing very nicely. But - the strand pops out perpendicular to the octahedral (111) faces and - as I found out before - this leads to a distorted octahedron. However, looking forward to tomorrow because then I will stop the growth.
I'm preparing two seeds from two rather bad little crystals at a nylon strand. One seed seems to be oriented perfecly, i.e. [001] is parallel to the nylon strand. The shape is totally crap, so I'm dissolving as much as possible in little water drops. So hopefully G7 gives me the result I desire :-) 

P.S.:
I decided to continue this blog in English... because I don't know Arabic, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment